Earn rebates when you install energy-efficient devices!
For Small Commercial and Industrial Customers (with less than 300kW in billing demand), Duquesne Light is providing rebates on a wide range of energy-saving devices that a commercial or industrial customer might use, such as linear LED tubes, fixtures, variable frequency drives, and lighting controls. After purchasing and installing any of the equipment on the list, customers must complete a rebate application form and send it to the address provided on the form. The rebate is paid by check.
HOW IT WORKS
Energy Efficiency Rebates are available for equipment upgrades and improvements including lighting and cooling. Rebates are paid based on the quantity, size, and efficiency of the equipment. They are also provided for qualified equipment commonly installed in a retrofit or equipment replacement situation.
Custom incentives are available to customers for less common or more complex energy saving measures installed in qualified retrofit and equipment replacement projects. Custom measure incentives are paid based on kWh savings.
Submitting a Rebate Application
- Read and follow all instructions on the application.
- Complete and sign the rebate form.
- Attach the copied paid receipt listing the vendor, item description, date of purchase and price of the product.
- Make sure your Duquesne Light account number and customer name is on the rebate form.
- Complete a separate rebate form for each service address and for each Duquesne Light account number.
- Keep a copy of your rebate form and attachments for your records.
- You must be a commercial or industrial Duquesne Light customer.
- The equipment or energy savings measure you install must meet all the requirements provided in the rebate catalog and on this web site.
- Watt Choices Program funds must be available at the time the properly completed rebate application is received.
- The equipment must have been installed after June 1, 2016.
- The equipment must be installed at facilities served by Duquesne Light.
- Customers may not apply for rebates for the same product, equipment or service from more than one utility.
- If you are receiving tax credits, state funding or federal funding for the same project, you are still eligible to apply for the Duquesne Light rebate and/or incentive program.
- The rebate application form must be completed in its entirety and submitted with all required documentation within 180 days of completion of installation.
For questions on Small Commercial and Industrial rebates, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Duquesne Light reserves the right to deny a rebate due to depletion of Watt Choices program funds.
- Duquesne Light may require an inspection before issuing the rebate check. The customer must agree, if requested, to grant a Duquesne Light representative site access to verify the installation of the equipment. If the customer refuses to provide access, Duquesne Light has no obligation to provide the customer with a rebate.
- If the Project is selected for evaluation, measurement and verification, as a condition of accepting the incentive, Customer agrees to provide the following:
- Access by Verification Personnel to Customer premises to inspect and if necessary measure power requirements, post-installation of the Project described above.
- Available equipment performance data the Customer may have already been collecting, such as building management system trend data. Providing this data may serve to minimize Customer’s inconvenience of required equipment metering.
- Access by Verification Personnel to install meters or loggers on Project equipment or electric distribution panels, and to then come back to collect those meters or loggers.
- Access to facility staff familiar with the Project that can direct Verification Personnel to Project installation location.
- Duquesne Light does not endorse any specific manufacturers, dealers, or contractors.
- Duquesne Light provides no warranty for the installed equipment and/or product. By participating in this program, the customer agrees that Duquesne Light has no liability for the quality, safety, and installation of the equipment/product.
- The program opened June 1, 2016.
- The program is scheduled to close on May 31, 2021.
BACK TO TOP