HOW IT WORKS
To submit a rebate application, complete the following steps:
- Select your rebate product.
- Read the Terms and Conditions on the application.
- Complete the online rebate application and include the required documentation.
- Provide your Supplier Agreement ID number, which can be found on page 3 of your Duquesne Light invoice. Complete a separate online application for each service address.
The Rebate program serves residential customers in single, multi-family and mobile home dwellings.
To participate in the program, these eligibility requirements must be met:
- You must be an active Duquesne Light residential customer.
- The equipment or energy saving measure you install must meet the efficiency requirements provided in the rebate catalog.
- The rebate application must be completed in its entirety and submitted with all required documentation.
- Your application must be for equipment or product purchased, must be installed no later than 180 days after purchase date.
- Watt Choices Program offerings are available until May 31st, 2026 or until program funding is depleted. Funds must be available at the time the properly completed rebate application is received.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will I receive my prepaid rebate card?
Rebate checks will be mailed to the designated payee provided on the application within 60 days of receiving your qualified application.
Whom do I contact if I have questions about my rebate?
Call 1-866-787-5237 or visit this rebate site.
How do I check the status of my rebate application?
Visit our rebate site. Once signed in, select My Account in the drop down in the upper right corner and go to My Dashboard to review the status of your application. You may also call 1-866-787-5237.
How do I change the payment address where the rebate check is to be sent?
Visit this rebate site or call 1-866-787-5237.
How do I know if I am eligible for a rebate?
Eligibility requirements are available online here.
Does my product qualify for a rebate?
Check to make sure that your product meets the specific requirements of that items rebate under View Product on the rebate page.
Can I apply for rebates on multiple accounts?
Can I apply for rebates for multiple premises with one account number?
Yes; however, each service address requires a separate application.
Can I apply for rebates if I am a landlord with multiple properties?
Yes; however, a separate application must be completed for each unit.
How long do I have to submit my supporting documentation?
The rebate application and supporting documentation must be postmarked within 180 days of the installation date.
What happens if my application is incomplete?
If you submitted the application online or by mail, you will receive an email notification. You can visit the customer rebate dashboard on the rebate site to review the status of your application. Once signed in, select My Account in the drop down in the upper right corner and go to My Dashboard.
How do I determine the purchase date when I’ve hired a contractor for home improvement work at my home?
You can use the date of the contractor’s invoice.
Can I fax my rebate application instead of mailing it via U.S. mail?
What information do I need to provide to check my rebate status?
You can check the status of a rebate online by logging into the Duquesne Light’s rebate site dashboard.
Am I eligible for Watt Choices if I have chosen a supplier other than Duquesne Light?
How were the measures eligible for rebates determined?
Duquesne Light evaluated measures in terms of energy and peak demand savings, operating life, price, etc. Each measure was evaluated for cost-effectiveness, to be sure benefits exceeded costs. Because the Watt Choices program is designed to serve all Duquesne Light customers, including commercial and industrial, budget considerations influenced the total number of measures that could be offered.
Is it likely other measures will be added?
Duquesne Light plans to conduct an annual review of the rebate program. As additional analysis of costs and savings for particular measures is conducted, as new technologies and measures appear in the marketplace, we may add additional measures to the eligibility list.
When might new measures be added?
While Duquesne Light plans to complete an annual review of existing and prospective measures, rebates may be added during the course of each year.
What if the rebate amount is greater than my purchase price?
Duquesne Light will issue rebates for any item “up to” the amount paid by the customer for an eligible item.
For questions or to check the status of your rebate, call 1-888-787-5237 or click here. You will need to log onto the site to review the rebate status.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Rebates checks on purchases after May 31st, 2021, will be mailed to the designated payee provided on the application.
- Prepaid rebate cards and checks will be mailed to qualifying residential customers within 60 days of the submission on your qualified application.
- If you are applying for more than one product type, you may receive a check for each type, if all requirements are met. Checks will be mailed to customers within 60 days from the date of the online submission.
- You must be a Duquesne Light residential customer.
- This program is subject to Watt Choices program funding availability.
- The residential rebate program opened June 1, 2021 and ends May 31, 2026 or earlier if program funding is depleted.
- The rebate is available to active residential Duquesne Light Company customers with mailing addresses in the United States.
- Duquesne Light reserves the right to deny a rebate due to an incomplete application or Watt Choices program funding depletion.
- You may be required to grant a Duquesne Light representative site access to verify the installation of the equipment. If you refuse to provide access, Duquesne Light has no obligation to provide you a rebate. If your equipment is selected for verification, rebate processing time may be extended.
- Duquesne Light is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected or postage-due applications.
- Duquesne Light does not endorse any specific manufacturers, dealers or contractors.
- Duquesne Light provides no warranty for the installed equipment and/or product.
- By participating in this program, you agree Duquesne Light has no liability concerning the quality, safety and/or installation of the measure.
- Your right to receive this rebate will not be earned unless you purchase a qualifying rebate catalog item and meet the terms and conditions listed on the application and on this website.
- Your rights to this rebate cannot be assigned or transferred.
- Excessive submissions constitute fraud and may result in federal prosecution under the U.S. mail fraud statutes (Title 18, USC 1341 and 1342).
- All submitted materials become property of Duquesne Light and will not be returned.