WHOLE HOUSE ENERGY AUDIT: WHAT IS IT
Your house is a system. All its parts—from insulation and heating/cooling systems to windows and lights—need to operate in harmony to make your home efficient and cozy. A substantial Watt Choices discount is available for customers who participate in Duquesne Light’s Whole-House Energy Audit program, which can help you enjoy year-round comfort while reducing your overall energy use. Take advantage of a professional energy audit and learn how you can make your home more comfortable, reduce electricity usage, and save money.
Watt Choices offers a rebate of up to $250 on recommended installed measures. If your household meets income-eligibility guidelines, you will receive the audit at no charge. Call 1-888-998-9478 to schedule an appointment today.
Every professional audit includes a thorough analysis of your home’s energy use and suggestions for improvement. The $375 fee also includes installation of LED bulbs, LED nightlights, smart power strips, and additional energy-saving equipment. You’ll also be provided with professional recommendations on potential upgrades that make sense for your home and the associated Watt Choices rebates available from Duquesne Light for those upgrades.
- Solutions for improving the year-round comfort of your home.
- Energy-efficient upgrades result in lower monthly electric costs.
- By reducing your energy needs, you also help reduce the environmental impacts of energy generation.
- Cash rebates that reduce the financial burden of installing new equipment.
- Special low-rate, low-payment financing programs available.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 1-888-998-9478 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Whole-House Energy Audit Program serves residential customers in single-family home dwellings.
- Available to Duquesne Light residential customers on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Duquesne Light Whole-House Energy Audit will be available from June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2026 or until program funding is exhausted.
- An approved Duquesne Light contractor must conduct the Whole-House Energy Audit.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Rebates are available to Duquesne Light residential electric customers for home energy audits and for the purchase and installation of qualifying energy efficiency measures in the Duquesne Light service territory, subject to these Terms and Conditions. Note for all audit with direct install projects: A Duquesne Light approved contractor is required to conduct audit and install all energy efficiency measures.
- The customer agrees, as a condition of participation in the Whole House Retrofit Program, to remove and dispose of the equipment being replaced by the energy efficiency measures in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and codes. The customer agrees not to re-install any of this equipment anywhere in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or transfer it to any other party for such installation.
- You may be required to grant a Duquesne Light representative site access to verify the installation of the equipment. If you refuse to provide access, Duquesne Light has no obligation to provide you a rebate. If your equipment is selected for verification, rebate processing time may be extended.
- Duquesne Light reserves the right to make follow up visits to customer’s residence during the 36 months following the actual completion date of the project at a time convenient to the customer, and with at least one-week advance notice. The purpose of the visit is to review the operation of installed energy efficiency measures for program evaluation purposes, including monitoring energy performance. The scope of review is limited to determining whether program conditions have been met. The customer must allow access to the installed energy efficiency measures and related project documentation. Duquesne Light has the right to a refund for incentives paid if, at any time, it learns that the energy efficiency measures were not actually and properly installed or were subsequently disconnected within 36 months after installation.
- Duquesne Light provides no warranty for the installed equipment and/or product.
- By participating in this program, you agree Duquesne Light, its subsidiaries, employees, affiliates, contractors, and agents have no liability concerning the quality, safety, and/or installation of the measure.
- Duquesne Light reserves the right to change or cancel the Whole House Retrofit Program at any time without notice.